Instruction certification is currently in the 2020 AHA BLS Standards
The BLS class is a 2 year certification for those who currently work in the Healthcare Industry. For example; M.D. R.N. L.PN. CNA ETC. Please check with your employer to verify whether or not this class pertains to you. This class is also for students that are entering the nursing programs, dental assistants, basically any healthcare worker in Washington State.
We certify in the most recent American Heart Association Standards, unlike other companies who “teach to AHA standards” we legitimately issue a real AHA card that your employer will accept, they often don’t. We offer a 100% in-person option, as well as a two part option that includes both online and in-person instruction. Both options are covered below.
How To Get Certified
Washington Broadband, 3201 West Nob Hill Blvd, Yakima, WA 98902.
In-Person Class Instruction
Our In-Person classes are currently offered on Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm, bi-monthly, unless the class date falls on a Holiday. The cost of the class is $45 cash/check ($47 with Credit/debit) and it's easy to register.
- GO TO mercymedicalcpr.com to choose the date you would like to attend.
- OR CALL either Pattie Hendrickson at 509-594-1322 or Forbes Mercy at 509-853-0855 to schedule a class.
- ATTEND THE COURSE: Classes are 3 hours.
- You will receive your AHA HCP/BLS card via email, as with all American Heart Association cards.
*Please note, there is no longer a difference between initial certification and a renewal course.
*Classes typically fill up 3-5 days prior to the scheduled day, so reserve your spot as early as possible.
We offer a $10 discount for those who take the Basic First Aid/CPR course, after taking this course.
Online & In-Person Instruction
For Online HCP/BLS Training with In-Person 1 hour certification, the online portion is $31.00. Add to that, Part 2 in-person, and the entire total is $61.00. It costs much less to take the in-person class and you'll receive higher quality training. However, if you choose this option, please follow these instructions:
- GO TO www.onlineaha.org (We cannot certify for any course other than this BLS class. Others like to say they are BLS, but they are not AHA authorized courses.)
- Click on HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL ONLINE COURSES
- SELECT BLS ONLINE PART 1 ( $31.00 ); register and pay for the course online.
- REQUIRED LIVE CERTIFICATION PART 2 ($30)
- TAKE THE COURSE: You will complete a series of modules with a pop quiz at the end of each module, please take notes during this time.
- TAKE THE FINAL EXAM: Comprised of all the quizzes you completed. You will see ( congratulations you passed ! )
- COMPLETE the online evaluation and PRINT your certificate.
- PART 2: PRACTICAL EXERCISE: After you've completed Part 1, call either Pattie Hendrickson at 509-594-1322 or Forbes Mercy at 509-853-0855 to schedule your practical skills training and test.
- BRING YOUR PRINTED CERTIFICATE to your appointment. We need to keep this on file. If you don't have a printer, we can print here.
- COMPLETE PART 2: It will take about 30-45 minutes to complete. You will receive your AHA HCP/BLS card via email, as with all American Heart Association cards.